A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
What's going on this week - Winter break:
- Track starts back up Tuesday April 1
- On-line registration is now available under the Join the team menu
- I am putting up the meet schedule now.
- Vianney is resurfacing their track this year (2014), so we are working on securing an alternative location in the Kirkwood/West County area.
- We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 - 7. Locations vary slightly, but it will either be Laumeier, Vianney (Track only) or Schroeder park (cross country only).
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September).
- Many of our parents are runners. Some parents get their run in during the practice, so bring your shoes. Others watch or run errands.
- Everything is optional. We understand families have commitments outside of Blazers and Blazers falls in different priority categories for each family. Some kids only practice, some kids only race, some attend practice only 1 day a week. Each family picks the commitment level that is right for them.
- Team registration is $55 via the website. $60 paper form. Multi-child discounts are available. Our program is one of the most affordable, so we don't prorate registration fees.
- Like us on Facebook We have been posting GREAT photos of the kids each week to Facebook. Check out all the fun we are having!