A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
What's going on week of 04/21/2014
- Color Run Week This is a favorite practice for the kids, BUT it does require a lot of parent help. If you can help. Come see Coach Shelly or Coach Lauren during the dynamic drills.
This isn't the same as the color run novelty race. We use magic markers, so the kids don't need to adjust their clothing.
- I received information on this weekend's Dasher's meet. This is NOT a meet we will be attending as a team, but if you would like to participate in it. We would be happy to sign you up. We need to have your information by end of practice Thursday. Meet Information
- We had a great turnout at Team night, but I do know some families weren't able to make it. I will bring the uniforms to practice on Tuesday, April 29 and Thursday, May 1. No need to tell me what you need. I will bring what I have. We are out of the Blazer warm-up jackets.
- (Cash or check only)
- Shirts/singlets/shorts $20 each
- Girls trial shorts $25
- Hoodies $30
- Inclement weather policy - We will communicate practice cancellations by 4:30 via Facebook, Email to Registered Team Members, and on the front page of our website - www.stlblazers.com.
- It is not too late to join. We welcome our new team members and those giving us a try.
- On-line registration is available under Join the Team
Team registration is $55 via the website. $60 paper form. Multi-child discounts are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our program is one of the most affordable, so we don't prorate registration fees.
- Not sure if our program is right for you? Try us out for TWO free practices. Just bring the signed Trial Athlete Wavier
- The Schedule is up.
- Vianney is resurfacing their track this year (2014), so we will be hosting a running tour of St Louis.
April - Laumeier
May - Kirkwood High School
June - Kirkwood High School
- We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 - 7. Locations vary slightly - Check the schedule.
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- We accept new athletes all season long.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September to December)
- Water is not always available, so bring your own.
- Bathrooms are not always available, so go prior to practice.