A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
What's going on week of SUMMER VACATION
- We welcome our returning team members and those giving us a try.
- First practice is Tuesday September 2.
- We practice every Tuesday and Thursday September-December (cross country) or April-June (track) from 5:45-7:00
- We will be practicing at Laumeier until mid-late October where we will move to Kirkwood Park
- On-line registration is available now Join the Team
Registration is $55 via the website. $60 paper form. Multi-child discounts are available by emailing email@example.com. Our program is one of the most affordable, so we don't prorate registration fees.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September to December)
- Not sure if our program is right for you? Try us out for TWO free practices. Just bring the signed Trial Athlete Wavier
- The Schedule will be determined in mid-September.
- The second week of practice at 6:30 is a parent's meeting. We will talk about our program and answer questions. The information will be the same both Tuesday and Thursday.
- TBD is team night at Big River. This is your opportunity to buy a uniform (cash or check) and purchase running shoes, apparel or other gear for your Blazer at a discount. A good pair of running shoes is very important to your child's success, enjoyment and safety.
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- We accept new athletes all season long.
- We let each family select the commitment level that is right for them. We have some athletes who practice, but don't compete
and other athletes that compete, but do all their practicing on their own.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- Inclement weather policy - We will make a decision at 4:00 and have it commincated via Facebook, Email to Registered Team Members, and on the front page of our website - www.stlblazers.com.
- Water is not always available, so bring your own.
- Bathrooms are not always available, so go prior to practice.